PWG RANGE SAFETY RULES AND REGULATIONSRespect the Firearm Rules for Everyone’s Safety
1. All firearms must be holstered or cased in unloaded condition while going to or from the range.
2. Eye and ear protection MUST be put on before and during the use of the range.
3. Always keep firearms pointed in a safe direction.
4. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
5. Always keep the action open and firearm unloaded with magazines removed until ready to fire.
6. Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm. PWG Range does not permit TRACER ammunition or MUZZLE-LOADERS. Bird Shot can only be used out to 15 yards. 00 Buck out to 25, otherwise slug only.
7. No open toed or open heel shoes are allowed. Shooters much have appropriate footwear in order to enter the range areas.
8. Know and understand the operating mechanism and safety features of your firearm.
9. Un-case or un-holster firearms in the shooting booth ONLY. Never handle firearms behind the firing line.
10. If you have brought more than one firearm, use only one at a time. When finished, case the unloaded firearm and its ammunition before un-casing the next one.
11. Upon the command “CEASE FIRE”, stop all shooting immediately, put down your firearm and back away from the firing line. Do NOT re-approach the firing line or pick up your firearm until the “All Clear” signal is given.
12. Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
13. No food, drink, gum or tobacco is permitted inside the range. Wash your hands each time you leave the range and before smoking, eating or drinking.
14. If you observe an unsafe condition, report it to a Range Safety Officer immediately.
15. For any firearm or ammunition problems, keep the weapon pointed down range, remain in your booth and signal a Range Safety Officer for assistance by raising your non-shooting hand.
16. Shooters who desire to shoot from the holster with handguns must be “HOLSTER QUALIFIED” through PWG Range Instructors or be able to show proof as being an active law enforcement officer.
17. Shooters who desire to shoot long guns from positions other than off-hand or bench-rest must be “TACTICAL QUALIFIED” through PWG Range Instructors.
18. Shooters may collect their brass behind the firing line once they have unloaded and cased their firearm and are ready to leave the range.
19. ALL SHOOTERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS. IF YOU SHOOT ANY PART OF THE RANGE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, CARRIERS OR BAFFLES, YOU WILL BE CHARGED $20 PER ROUND AND/OR WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE RANGE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
20. Act responsibly at all times. Foul language, horseplay or any other unsafe activity will not be tolerated, and will be cause for the participant(s) to be ejected from the facility.