PROMPT FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSE TRANSFERS
PWG Range will facilitate the transfer of firearms from other Federal Firearms License holders to our members and customers.
Firearm Transfers Done Correctly
We ask that you use the following procedures to make the transfer as smooth as possible.
- We ask that you have the transferring FFL to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- Your name and contact information including your email address and phone number (We will need this to get in touch with you when your firearm is ready to be transferred to you)
- Information on the firearm being transferred including: make, model and serial number
- A copy of the selling dealer’s Federal Firearms License, they will need to call us.
- We will promptly respond to that dealer and exchange the required information including a copy of our Federal Firearms License
- We encourage you to get a tracking number for your firearm from the shipping dealer. PWG Range can accept no responsibility for tracking shipments
- Once PWG Range has received your firearm, we will need to have you come in to do your CA DROS paperwork and background check so that we can start your 10 day wait. You will need to provide state issued identification with your current address at the time the 4473 is completed. The State of California charges $25 to conduct the check and we will collect that fee at the time the background check is entered into the CBI system.
- PWG Range charges a fee for conducting the transfer which requires significant time and record keeping. This fee is $75 per firearm.
Upon successful completion of the background check and payment of transfer fees, the firearm will be transferred to you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Online purchasing from other dealers
- Want to order a gun from another website and have it shipped to you? No problem! We are a full service FFL (Federal Firearms Licensed) dealer. If you order a firearm on another website or store, you can have it shipped to us and we’ll take care of the paperwork. There’s a $75 transfer fee, a $25.00 registration fee (DROS) and we handle the background check. California tax must also be paid on the purchase amount for the firearm (8%). So basically, here’s how it works:
- It may be less expensive to negotiate with us first before paying all transfer and shipping fees.
- You contact us about the transfer You buy a firearm from another dealer
You provide the dealer with our info
It gets shipped to us and we contact you upon it’s arrival
You come in for background paperwork
Does PWG Range do firearms transfers to other FFL’s?
- Yes however, to save you money, we are more than happy to advise you how to do this yourself for FREE.
- Am I able to get a copy of PWG Range’s FFL to send to the seller?
- We will only send a copy of our FFL to other licensed dealers
- Why have I not been contacted even though freight tracking shows that the firearm was delivered to PWG Range?
- Depending on the volume of transfers we receive, from receipt of the firearm, it takes us 24 to 72 hours to receive the firearm into our system and have it ready to start the transfer procedure with you. We are unable to transfer any firearm that is not properly entered into our system. If the selling dealer has not provided us with your contact information we are unable to contact you. We are unable to process a transfer without proper ATF required documentation from the seller and PWG retains the right to return any firearm to the selling dealer at our sole discretion. It is a violation of Federal law to transfer a firearm without proper documentation.
- What if the firearm is damaged in shipment?
- PWG Range can take no responsibility for firearms damaged in shipment, warranties or repair of the firearm.
- Will PWG Range facilitate private party firearms transfers?
- California law requires all firearms dealers to do Private Party Transfers. We are happy to provide this service.